Storm overnight Friday did deliver some snow to the downstate and mid-Hudson Valley. This is a quick status update for the areas closest to the NYC area:
- Fahnestock: no skiing. Received about 3″ of snow. Hope for more early in the week.
- Minnewaska: About 6″ of heavy, wet snow. Trails open for skiers today, no fee. But no grooming until early tomorrow morning, due to warm temperatures.
- Mohonk: Skiable. Trails in the surrounding area are groomed and tracksuit. Golf course and trails near the Mohonk Mountain House open but cover too thin to groom.
- High Point: trails open for skiing. ‘Get it while you can’
- Winding Trails: didn’t get enough snow to open trails for skiing. Hoping for Tuesday’s storm.
Snowfall analysis graphic below shows greatest accumulations in western New York and the Catskills. The area where the borders of New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania meet also got some snow, which is why High Point and Minnewaska/Mohonk got lucky.
More to report later today or tomorrow.
Winter sure is making a late appearance, but better late than never.